The Importance of Having a Dream
Napoleon Hill once said, ”Cherish your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievement.”
However, in modern society, most people have got lost and have no dreams.
Therefore, it is high time that we attached great importance to having a dream and endeavoring to realize it.
Having a dream gives people a direction in their life. In his speech “I have a dream Martin Luther King .Jr, declared his dream of an equal, liberal and democratic America and devoted all his life to the civil rights movement.
It was the great dream that gave him power to face bravely all those dangers and threats and struggle for his black fellows.
Also, dreams inspire courage and passion. Bird spread their wings to soar in the sky; streams run days and nights toward arms of the sea; artists practice assiduously to reach the peak of the art.
As dreams are so important, actions should be taken to realize them. We should make clear what our dream is and make a clear plan. More importantly, great courage, passion and determination are necessary. By doing so, we’re likely to make our dreams come true.
Dream-inspired creativity （梦想启发了创造力）
We live in an age of innovation, when creativity is of increasing value. Not only is creativity important for artists and writers, but also for those who work in professions such as science, architecture, and business. Creative thinkers change the world, and for those who want to make their mark, finding new methods of being creative can be the key to success. Some say that dreams are one place to find inspiration for creativity. According to research, people who are creative and imaginative are more likely to have vivid dreams at night and to remember them when they wake up. 我們生在創新的世代，創造力的價值在增長。 創造力的重要性不僅在於藝術家和作家，也對在專業領域如科學、建築和商業領域工作的人都相當重要。 創意思考家改變世界，而對那些想更達成目標、找到變得有創意的新方式的人是成功的關鍵。 有些人說夢境是其中一個能找到創造靈感的地方。 研究指出，
富創意和想像力的人睡眠後最有可能擁有栩栩如生的夢境，起床後也能記得住他們曾做過的夢。 These dreams can serve as the inspiration for creative activities such as art, poetry, music and even science. In fact, dreams have been directly responsible for some very famous artistic works and scientific innovations. Have you heard of
Frankenstein? Well, in 1816,, Mary Shelley, the author of this famous horror story, visited the poet Lord Byron at his villa beside Lake Geneva in
Switzerland. Rain and wind kept them indoors most of the time, so they amused themselves by reading an old book of ghost stories. 這些夢能作為創作活動的靈感，像是藝術、詩歌、音樂，甚至科學。 事實上，夢境和一些十分著名的藝術作品及科學發明有直接關係。 你有聽過《科學怪人》嗎？ 1816年的瑪莉雪萊就是這本著名的恐怖故事作者，到詩人拜倫勛爵在瑞士日內瓦湖的別墅拜訪他。 風雨讓他們大多時間都困在家中，所以他們藉由閱讀老舊書籍的鬼故事自娛。
write one themselves. According to Shelley, she had a vivid dream about a character that later became the monster in her book Frankenstein: 有一晚，拜倫挑戰他的客人，一人要寫一篇。 根據雪萊所說，她有個生動的夢境，是關於一個角色之後變成怪物的故事，也就是她書中的科學怪人。 "When I placed my head upon my pillow, I did not sleep, nor could I be said to think. I saw with shut eyes, but acute mental vision --- I saw the pale student of unhallowed arts kneeling beside the thing he had put together. I saw the hideous phantasm of a man stretched out, and then, on the working of some powerful engine, show signs of life, and stir with an uneasy, half vital motion"" 「當我讓頭躺在枕頭上後，我睡不著，也無法思考。」 我是闔眼看見，卻是急促的內心的影像，我看見一個蒼白的學生在褻瀆的藝術，跪在他要放在一起的東西旁。 我看到一個男人的醜陋幻影出來，接著發動一些有力引擎，顯示出生命跡象，攪動不容易用、半重要的裝置。
was inspired by a dream. He fell asleep as music was being played in the next room. As he dreamed, it became understood to him that the basic chemical elements are all related to each other in a manner similar to the themes and phrases in music. He awoke, and he was able to write out for the first time the entire periodic table, which forms the basis of modern chemistry. Paul McCartney, famous songwriter and member of one of the most popular bands of all time, the Beatles, wrote the song 'Yesterday'' after hearing it in a dream: 19世紀的化學家德米特里?門捷列夫也是被夢境啟發。 他在隔壁房撥放音樂時睡著。 睡夢中，他變得了解基本化學元素彼此都互相關聯，方式就像音樂的主題和章節。 他醒過來，他第一次有辦法寫出整個元素週期表，也成為現代化學的基礎。 保羅?麥卡尼，著名的歌曲作者，也是最後歡迎的樂團成員之一─披頭四，在夢中聽見後寫下了歌曲「昨日」。 "I woke up with a lovely tune in my head. I thought, 'That's great, I wonder what that is
There was an upright piano next to me, to the right of the bed by the window. I got out of bed, sat at the piano, found G, found F sharp minor seventh and that leads you through then to B to E minor, and finally back to E. 「我醒來時，伴隨著腦海裡動人的曲調。」 我想。 那很好，我想知道那是什麼。 那裡有個直立的鋼琴在我旁邊，在窗戶邊的床鋪旁。 我下床，坐在鋼琴坐，找到G，找到升F小調第七，帶領你B再到E小調，最後再回到E。
It all leads forward logically. I liked the melody a lot, but because I'd dreamed it, I couldn't believe I'd written it. I thought, 'No, I've never written
anything like this before. But I had the tune, which was the most magical thing""
There are many other instances of dreams
inspiring creativity. Albert Einstein worked out
The importance of learning Englishi
With the progress and development of society . The importance of English has become increasingly increased . As the most important carrier of information , English has become the most widely used language in our daily life . English is the most popular language in the world, and it is also most widely spoken of all the language. Many people speak English as a second language . If you don't understand English , how can you know more about the world , how can you get more knowledge . At international conferences , English is also used as the official language . In China , English is spoken as an important and useful foreign language . Without good English , you cannot express your ideas well at such conferences , neither can you introduce China to the outside world .
English becomes one of your advantage . learnning english well make you feel just like a fish in water . At the same time , you will be more Confident and have more opportunities to contact with more knowledge .
1. 随着经济的繁荣 with the booming of the economy
2. 随着人民生活水平的显著提高 with the remarkable improvement of people's living standard
3. 先进的科学技术 advanced science and technology
4. 为我们日常生活增添了情趣 add much spice / flavor to our daily life
5. 人们普遍认为 It is commonly believed that…
6. 我同意前者(后者)观点 I give my vote to the former / latter opinion.
7. 引起了广泛的公众关注 Sth. has aroused wide public concern. / Sth has drawn great public attention.
8. 不可否认 It is undeniable that…
9. 热烈的讨论/ 争论 a heated discussion / debate
10. 有争议性的问题 a controversial issue
11. 就我而言/ 就个人而言 As far as I am concerned, / Personally,
12. 有充分的理由支持 be supported by sound reasons
13. 双方的论点 argument on both sides
14. 发挥日益重要作用 play an increasingly important role in…
15. 对…必不可少 be indispensable to …
16. 正如谚语所说 As the proverb goes:
17. 对…产生有利/不利的影响 exert positive / negative effects on…
18. 利远远大于弊 The advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
19. 导致，引起 lead to / give rise to / contribute to / result in
20. 复杂的社会现象 a complicated social phenomenon
21. 责任感 / 成就感 sense of responsibility / achievement
22. 竞争与合作精神 sense of competition and cooperation
23. 开阔眼界 widen one's horizon / broaden one's vision
24. 学习知识和技能 acquire knowledge and skills
25. 经济/心理负担 financial burden / psychological burden
26. 考虑到诸多因素 take many factors into consideration
27. 从另一个角度 from another perspective
28. 做出共同努力 make joint efforts
29. 对…有益 be beneficial to / be conducive to…
30. 为社会做贡献 make contributions to the society
31. 打下坚实的基础 lay a solid foundation for…
32. 综合素质 comprehensive quality
33. 致力于/ 投身于 be committed / devoted to…
34. 应当承认 Admittedly,
35. 不可推卸的义务 unshakable duty
36. 满足需求 satisfy / meet the needs of...
37. 可靠的信息源 a reliable source of information
38. 宝贵的自然资源 valuable natural resources
39. 因特网 the Internet (一定要由冠词，字母I 大写)
40. 方便快捷 convenient and efficient
41. 在人类生活的方方面面 in all aspects of human life
42. 环保的材料 environmentally friendly materials
43. 社会进步的体现 a symbol of society progress
44. 大大方便了人们的生活 Sth has greatly facilitated people's lives.
45. 对这一问题持有不同态度 hold different attitudes towards this issue
46. 在一定程度上 to some extent
47. 理论和实践相结合 integrate theory with practice
48. …必然趋势 an irresistible trend of…
49. 日益激烈的社会竞争 the increasingly keen social competition
50. 眼前利益 immediate interest/ short-term interest
51. 长远利益 long-tem interest
52. …有其自身的优缺点 … has its own merits and demerits / pros and cons
53. 对…有害 do harm to / be harmful to / be detrimental to
54. 交流思想/ 情感/ 信息 exchange ideas / emotions / information
55. 跟上…的最新发展 keep pace with / keep abreast with the latest development of…
56. …的健康发展 the healthy development of…
57. 重视 attach great importance to…
58. 社会地位 social status
59. 把时间和精力放在…上 focus one's time and energy on…
60. 扩大知识面 expand one's scope of knowledge
61. 身心两方面 both physically and mentally
62. 有直接/间接关系 be directly / indirectly related to…
63. 导致很多问题 give rise to / lead to / spell various problems
64. 可以替代think的词 believe, claim, maintain, argue, insist, hold the opinion / belief / view that
65. 缓解压力/ 减轻负担 relieve stress / burden
66. 优先考虑/发展… give (top) priority to sth.
67. 与…比较 compared with…/ in comparison with
68. 可降解的/可分解的材料 degradable / decomposable material
69. 代替 replace / substitute / take the place of
70. 提供就业机会 offer job opportunities
71. 反映了社会进步的 mirror the social progress/advance
72. 增进相互了解 enhance / promote mutual understanding
73. 充分利用 make full use of / take advantage of
74. 承受更大的工作压力 suffer from heavier work pressure
75. 保障社会稳定和繁荣 guarantee the stability and prosperity of our society
76. 更多地强调 put more emphasis on…
77. 适应社会发展 adapt oneself to the social development
78. 实现梦想 realize one's dream
79. 主要理由列举如下 The main / leading reasons are listed as follows:
80. 我们还有很长的路要走 We still have a long way to go
For this part，you are allowed 30 minutes to write a short essay. You should start your essay
with a brief description of the picture and then express your views on the importance of reading literature. You should write at least 150 words but no more than 200 words.
The Importance of Reading Literature
The drawing portrays a classroom scene in which a teacher is telling a student to read a piece of literary works. Undoubtedly, the picture aims at highlighting the magnitude of reading classics for young students, which is worth discussing among general public for the time being.
As we all know, the classical literature is the representation of the outstanding art of our nation. Some familiar characters such as Monkey King express the good wishes of our common people. There is no doubt that young people will benefit a lot from reading classics. For one thing, classics will help broaden their horizons from them. While observing characters in classic novels going through ups and downs in their life, youngsters also can definitely learn essential life ethics. For another, with condensed beauty of arts, they will enhance readers' aesthetic taste. Therefore, we should start reading the treasuries our ancestors left and absorbing the essence of them. We should also advocate to the public the importance so that more general people can enjoy the pleasure of reading